Teaching and Activities
Study a range of artworks that depict a variety of French landscapes; match artworks to French climate zones; discover Cézanne, Seurat and Morisot and explore how their works are located geographically.
- To use the physical landscapes depicted in a range of artwork to help characterise the features of different climate zones within France.
- To begin to appreciate the works of a range of French artists.
- Explore a range of works by French artists depicting a variety of French landscapes.
- Attempt to match artworks to climate zones within France (applying knowledge from Block A), understanding that France has a wide range of landscapes.
- Be introduced to the three artists to be studied in subsequent sessions, and how their works are located geographically (referring to class map of Europe)