Teaching birds, fish, reptiles, mammals, invertebrates, group, classify, habitats, offspring, babies, adults
- Continue to work on the Safari in a Tray.
- Add a vehicle and people, signs and advertising.
- Write and record an audio tour guide for the Safari in a Tray.
- Invite visitors in to the classroom to try it out and to share in the learning.
- Understand the dangers and warnings associated with wild animal safaris.
- Be able to communicate that to others.
Investigation - researching and analysing secondary sources
Collate and discuss knowledge and information about a range of African animals.
Year 1 /2 Make a micro-safari in a tuff tray for a toy car, with a recorded message for the pretend drivers, announcing facts about the wild animals, including information about their offspring and basic needs.
Birds, fish, reptiles, mammals, invertebrates, group, classify, habitats, offspring, babies, adults